Expert Witness in the Behavioral Sciences and Law
Judges, prosecutors and lawyers know the law. Most are not educated in the behavioral sciences. Most juries are also not experts on psychology and the law. So how will a judge, jury or lawyer know when sham science is being presented by an expert witness in the courtroom? They won’t.
A case can hinge on the testimony of the expert witness. Ignorance is not bliss in this situation. A lawyer’s lack of a background in psychology can significantly affect the chances of winning results for his or her client.
When you cannot afford to lose, this is one team you want on your side. Call 989-335-5134 or e-mail the firm.
Attorney Demosthenes Lorandos is a Ph.D-level psychologist and an experienced trial lawyer who is nationally recognized for his legal scholarship on cross examining expert witnesses and how to weed junk science out of the courtroom.
Responsive in Rapidly Emerging Situations
His firm is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and he assists clients, both lawyers and non-lawyers, in legal matters in which the behavioral sciences and the law blend. Dr. Lorandos can respond immediately to rapidly emerging situations, and has been known to fly across the country in a consultative role to fellow lawyers, when time is of the essence and the specialized knowledge that he carries is essential.
“Dr. Lorandos is like a junkyard dog with a Ph.D. He will tear the other side’s witness apart.” — Texas Trial Lawyer
Dr. Lorandos has been described as versatile, intelligent and can jump right into a situation without disrupting the forward momentum. His work for lawyers and non-lawyer clients covers a wide range:
- Cross examining so-called expert witnesses
- Serving as expert witness in matters related to psychology, parental alienation, false allegations and state of mind issues and the law
- Consulting on effective cross examination of expert witnesses
- Providing case assessments
- Having authored the two-volume set on Cross Examining Experts in the Behavioral Sciences
He is a trial lawyer who has brought scores of cases to jury trial, in areas that include:
- Parental alienation actions, custody disputes and other family law matters
- Sexual abuse cases, child-kidnapping cases and other criminal charges
- Criminal defense cases where the defendant was falsely accused
- Cases involving complex civil litigation and commercial litigation
An Expert Witness Affects Outcomes — Call Today
Call 989-335-5134 or e-mail the firm to schedule your consultation with Dr. Lorandos today. We return all phone calls promptly.
Lawyer and Psychologist Handles Matters of Parental Alienation
Being frozen out of your child’s life for no reason can be one of the most heartbreaking experiences of your life as a parent. For this reason, more and more parents are seeking the help of professionals skilled in bringing parental alienation actions to the courts to restore their right to parent their child. Your children are innocent. They need protection.
When innocents are being harmed, this is the team that you want on your side.
Call 989-335-5134 or e-mail the firm. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we serve clients throughout the nation.
Protecting the Innocent
- Are you concerned that your child is being harmed at the hands of the custodial parent and needs to be protected?
- How do you address the fact that your ex-spouse or ex-partner has manipulated your child into fearing you or being unwilling to be around you at all?
- How can you prove that the outrageous and false sexual allegations your divorcing spouse has made against you are absolutely untrue?
- What if you did not get custody or visitation with your children based on facts that have nothing to do with the law or the truth of what is happening in the custodial parent’s home?
- How can you restore the balance of power and allow your child to have the benefit of two loving parents?
Dr. Lorandos was the Chief Editor of the Essential New Text on Parental Alienation
Skilled trial lawyer and forensic psychologist, Demosthenes Lorandos has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. He is a noted researcher who lectures and writes on the psychology behind issues such as parental alienation, defending against parental alienation, tainted memories, child suggestibility, and other domestic relations matters involving families and children. He was the contributing (organizing) editor for the new international text: Parental Alienation: The Handbook for Mental Health and Legal Professionals.
Assisting Attorneys — Helping Parents
Whether you are an attorney seeking more information from a legal and psychological perspective or you need cross examining guidance with regard to expert behavioral witnesses, or you are a parent who wants his or her child back safe and sound, we are the team to call.
We have built a reputation on meticulous preparation, insightful, creative case strategizing, painstaking attention to detail, and thorough investigation. We do this with the goal of helping our clients, point by point, case by case.
Restore Healthy Parent-Child Bonds — Call Our Ann Arbor Office Today
Call 989-335-5134 or e-mail the firm to schedule your consultation with attorney & psychologist Demosthenes Lorandos today. We return all phone calls promptly.